If your looking to shape up after thanksgiving and want to lose your lower belly fat try this one week diet plan designed to do just that.
This diet involves cutting out all those ‘toxic’ foods that make us store fat and gain weight such as processed foods, alcohol and sugar, it involves mainly eating lean pure meat such as chicken, liver, fish etc. Your body’s natural state is lean and fit, not fat and sluggish, unfortunately processed food and drinks cause excess fat to cling to areas you don’t want it too like the bum, hips, legs etc.
Strangely, as soon as you stop eating and doing the wrong things your body responds quickly and you soon start to see the changes, even if you have failed diets, exercise plans in the past focus on the here and now, the past is irrelevant what you do now is what matters.
Make these changes in your diet and watch the weight soon start stripping away:
- Cut out the CRAP!: Avoid processed foods, refined sugar, alcohol and caffeine, these are the four main food groups that cause fat to cling to our bodies.
- Allow yourself a weekly cheat meal, Once every week indulge in your favorite food like Mcdonalds or Domino’s or whatever takes your fancy. As long as you are eating better the rest of the time the odd high-fat bad food helps boost your metabolism.
- Start taking fish oil supplements, they supply essential fatty acids and help burn fat.
- Always make sure you eat breakfast: Aim to eat within one hour of awakening, if time is an issue then grab some fruit and nuts.
- Never eat after 8pm, your body slows down in the evening so eating a large meal after 8pm is bad for your digestionand weight.
Five Foods You Can Swap For Flatter Abs
- Croissants which contain lots of fat and sugar, eat some wholemeal bread which is high in fiber which is great for digestion.
- Non-organic normal milk is pumped full of hormones, this should be swapped for organic almond milk, it doesn’t contain lactose which can cause bloating.
- Instead of normal yoghurt which is full of sugar, swap this for organic full-fat yogurt which is free from pesticides, is much less sugary and will make you feel full.
- Margarine is very bad as it is full of chemicals and fat, this can be swapped for organic butter or an olive oil spread which is full of essential fatty acids, natural and additive free.
- Beers are very high in sugar and calories and can be swapped for organic cider which has far less of both.
Tummy Toner Exercises
The key to successful weight loss is exercising smarter, not harder. Get more out of less, stress hormones encourage fat around your middle, these exercises will help reduce those stress levels:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, arms out parallel to the floor.
- Take a deep breath then lower yourself down as far as you are comfortable with whilst breathing out, have a pause at the bottom, then inhale as you rise back up.
- Go nice and slow and repeat this exercise for 10 reps.
Energy Push – Great for digestion
- Take a good stance with your feet shoulder width apart with your arms in front of you and your palms facing downwards.
- Inhale and pull your hands back towards your shoulders.
- Breathe out and push your hands back to the starting position.
- Remember to breathe slowly and perform 20 reps.
Leg tuck – Great for your lower abs
- Lie back with your feet on the floor and your knees bent, breathe in and bring your knees into your chest as you exhale.
- Inhale again as you put your feet back to the floor.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times.
Your New Food Plan
Use this eating plan for two weeks to begin your weight loss. This works best starting on a weekend as it gives you time to
prepare, plus you won’t feel rushed, so you won’t be tempted by that mid afternoon bad snack chocolate bar.
Breakfast: An omelet made with three egg whites, 75g chopped mixed peppers and a handful of spinach.
Mid-Morning Snack: 100g chicken with 1/2 sliced red pepper.
Lunch: One chicken breast grilled with mixed salad leaves, red peppers, green beans and a 1/4 tbsp olive oil.
Mid-Afternoon Snack: 100g Turkey breast with 1/2 a sliced cucumber.
Dinner: 100g grilled chicken breast and steamed broccoli.
Breakfast: Baked chicken breast with a handful of stir fried kale.
Mid-Morning Snack: 100g turkey breast with 1/2 sliced green pepper.
Lunch: Baked haddock fillet with mixed green salad and 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
Mid-Afternoon Snack: 100g turkey breast and 75g steamed broccoli.
Dinner: One salmon steak with chopped dill and steamed green beans.
Breakfast: 100g smoked salmon plus some spinach.
Mid-Morning Snack: 100g chicken breast and 1/2 sliced yellow pepper.
Lunch: One grilled chicken breast with garden salad 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
Mid-Afternoon Snack: 100g turkey slices with 1/4 avocado.
Dinner: One grilled lamb steak (or even two cutlets) with steamed broccoli and spinach.
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (one whole, two whites) tomatoes and green beans.
Mid-Morning Snack: 100g turkey slices and 1/4 sliced cucumber.
Lunch: Baked cod fillet with salad, tomato, spinach and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
Mid-Afternoon Snack: 100g chicken breast with 1/2 grilled courgette.
Dinner: 100g chicken breast stir-fry with green veg and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
Breakfast: 200g turkey breast with ¼ avocado and ¼ cucumber both sliced.
Mid-morning snack: Two hard-boiled eggs with ½ red pepper, sliced.
Lunch: 150g grilled prawns with a green salad and tomatoes plus ½ tbsp olive oil.
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g turkey breast with five almonds.
Dinner: 100g chicken breast with steamed broccoli
Breakfast: One grilled haddock fillet with roasted peppers and courgettes
Mid-morning snack: 100g chicken with one tomato, sliced
Lunch: 150g turkey with green salad, steamed broccoli and ½ tbsp olive oil
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g chicken with five pecan nuts
Dinner: 150g-200g steak served with steamed green beans and broccoli
Breakfast: Three-egg-white omelette, grilled tomatoes and steamed spinach
Mid-morning snack: 100g turkey with five Brazil nuts
Lunch: 150g chicken breast with steamed asparagus and green salad
Mid-afternoon snack: 100g turkey with ¼ cucumber, sliced
Dinner: Grilled, skinless duck breast with steamed oriental greens or broccoli
I hope this guide and diet plan to lose belly fat has been beneficial to you and hope it continues to improve your lifestyle as you progress, please feel free to comment below.